October in Florida always starts off feeling the same as July, heat-stroke level of hot & ends in what most people consider comfortable & what I consider freeeeeezing to absolute death. Regardless of the temperature, I can be found eating pumpkin something & so for that reason, October is always iight with me! This month was jam-packed. Let’s take a look back at some of my fav finds & memories of this October…
01. THE SEASON OF “NEW” CLOTHES – I started the month off by moving all of my Spring/Summer clothes to the “spare” closet & all of my Fall/Winter clothes from the “spare” closet to my main closet. I always forget about certain items of clothing that I own. It’s always exciting & feels like I got a whole new wardrobe even if I technically didn’t.
02. WILDE CANYON LIP BALM – Not only is Wilde Canyon lip balm vegan (aka not tested on animals nor w animal ingredients), it’s also natural ingredients, fair-trade, & with a feature that makes it one-of-a-kind; the typical plastic lip balm container takes a bazillion years (not literally, but a damn long time) to disappear off of this earth, it’s horrible for the environment. Wilde Canyon Lip Balm’s container, however, is 100% compostable. It’s amazing. Also, I swear it’s THE most moisturizing lip balm I’ve ever owned. I cannot praise this product enough. Please try it!
03. GUCCI GOES FUR FREE – This month Gucci announced that they will no longer use real fur in any of their products. I am happy about this news: it’s a step in the right direction & good news for animals. Of course, it should’ve NEVER taken this long & they still use leather, so I’m def not calling them saints, but they’re technically less horrible now, so yay.
04. DINNER PARTY AFTER DINNER PARTY – This month was filled with dinner parties. My husband & I hosted a fall-themed dinner party ourselves (see post here) & attended as guests to multiple dinner parties. I love my beautiful friends, good convos, delicious food, amazing times, so cheers to many more nights like I had this month!
05. PLANET PROTEIN BARS – I tried a new protein bar this month, Planet Protein’s Protein Bar in Peanut Butter Cup Flavor (they also come in Cherry Almond Fudge flavor). It’s great! These bars are vegan, of course, full of 20 grams of protein & they aren’t gritty, too chewy, or too hard like many protein bars seem to be.
06. FOSTER KITTENS ROAMING THE HOUSE – When we foster kittens, we keep them in our foster room (a spare bedroom). We do this for multiple reasons; they are delicate & need to be kept safe away from home things, & to keep them & our own pets healthy & unable to spread sickness. I usually spend 4.5-6hrs with the kittens a day (yes full time job). Since two of our fosters still haven’t been adopted & we’ve had them long enough to know every one is healthy, we let them free to roam the house as long as we are home & awake. They have a blast. The fosters love our animals & our animals love them. It’s so great seeing them all play together & do all kinds of adorable things!
07. FIRST HARD-SHELL TACO EVER – I eat Mexican food more than any other type of cuisine. I eat burritos multiple times a wk, but I had never had a hard-shell corn tortilla until a cpl of wks ago. I loved it! I will definitely eat them again & again. In fact they are on this wks grocery list!
08. PLAY BALL – Okay when you hear “play ball” you think baseball, for obvious reason, but in our house “play ball” means let’s (Lorenzo & I) sit on the ground on separate sides of the living room & pass a big ass bouncy ball back & forth. I started doing this to help w my anxiety but it’s also helping us with stretching as we sit in as close to a split as possible the entire time we play, haha.
09. POTATO NACHOS – I’ve had this Potato Hash W Bell Peppers & Onions recipe saved to my Pinterest for sooo long. I just made it for the first time a cpl of wks ago & I’m so mad at myself for waiting so long. It is amaziiiiiiiingly delicious. One of those recipes where you’re just like, “OMG this is so good”, “OMG I love this”, “OMG I need to eat this every day”, etc every single bite. NOTE – This recipe calls for butter (I used Earth Balance vegan butter) & parmesan cheese (I decided on cheddar instead & used Daiya vegan shreds). Also, after following the recipe’s directions, I placed the potatoes in an oven-safe dish & cooked at 325 degrees F until the cheese was melted. Sooooo delish!
10. CANDY HEAVEN – I received a ginormous basket of vegan candy (see photo below) curtesy of Love Veg. I was so giddy when I opened my package & honesty I still am. As I’ve mentioned before, I have a major sweet tooth & so having this much candy in my home is making me feel like I won the lottery, haha. Oh & for reference, here are a list of the vegan candies I received; Blow-Pops, Dum-Dums, Dots, Sour Patch Kids, Jolly Ranchers, Smarties, Fun-Dip, Charms Cotton Candy, Pixie-Stix, Cracker Jacks, Skittles, Pez, & Red Vines 🙂
That’s all for my October 2017 wrap-up. I hope everyone had a great month. Let me know how you celebrated Halloween. If you dressed up, what did you dress up as?