June is always the busiest month of the year & this year was no different. From some of my favorite annual events (birthdays & special occassions), to multiple “first time ever” experiences – it was a month to remember! Let’s take a look back at some of my favorite moments, finds, & photos of June 2017!
01. VEGAN CARRABBAS – The restaurant chain Carrabbas is testing out vegan options at one of the locations in my town. There are three new vegan menu options; Vegan Pizza, Linguine Postiano, & Spaghetti Pomodoro, as well as new vegan salad dressing options including ranch. The goal is to show that vegan options are high in demand & to make them permanent menu items at every single Carrabbas location. So far the turn out & response is great!
02. H2O + HAND CREAM – I’ve been using H2O + Target Care Hand & Nail Cream here & there for four years now. It wasn’t until this month, however, that I realized just how powerful it really is. I’ve been washing my hands a zillion times more than usual from working w so many sick & contagious animals lately. Because of this, the top of my hands got really dry. This H2O product literally saved me from pain. I highly recommend! Get the travel size for only $5!
03. LORENZO TURNS THIRTY – I still can’t believe the nineteen year old skinny jeans wearing cutie-pie that I fell in love with is now a sexy strong ass thirty year old man. Gosh times flies!! But no matter how old my Husband (& I) gets, he’ll always be a kid at heart. He had an amazing Dragon Ball Z themed Birthday Party that you can check out here. From the theme, to the company, to the games, to the food, it was such a great time!
04. FIRST TIME OUT OF THE COUNTRY – My main Birthday gift to Lorenzo was a surprise trip to Puerto Vallarta. I planned the trip for so long & kept it a surprise until his birthday party. I’m still proud of myself for being able to do that, haha. Our trip to PV was amazing. It was my first ever time out of the country. Lorenzo has been on cruise ships before but he calls this his first “real time”. We had an absolute blast. I’m almost done editing the zillions of photos & I will go a lot more specific on several blog post coming to TheKaragon throughout July.
05. LEARNING SPANISH – ¡Hola! Mi nombre es Kara y soy de Florida. Soy una estudiante de Espanol… During our PV trip we realized how much we would both really like to learn Spanish. Lorenzo is full Mexican & I’m a quarter. We both come from families where the majority of them speak Spanish, yet neither he nor I were ever taught Spanish. We’re two weeks into our Spanish lessons now & we’re loving it. I seriously look forward to our lessons every day. Our goal is not to learn “enough” Spanish, but to become completely fluent. It will take years, but it’ll be well worth it!
06. BLACK MARBLE BATHROOMS TREND – Apartment Therapy has been one of my favorite blogs to follow for many years. I really enjoyed their recent post showing bathrooms in black marble. I love marble & black in general so to see them together is all the better. I pinned two of the bathrooms from this post as “dream home inspo”.
07. SMARTPHONE TRIPOD – Yo. If you have a smartphone & you like to take photos then you NEED this product! It’s a tripod for your smartphone that goes above & beyond similar products. This tripod has flexible arms, a 360 degree holder allowing for any angle of photos; landscape, portrait, flatlay. And it comes w a Bluetooth shutter remote. I’ve only owned this product for a few wks but I’ve already used it a ton & I love it so much. I will continue telling everyone about this photo tool & I plan to gift it to some of my family & friends because it’s so awesome!
08. ZUCCHINI POTATO FRITTERS – I’ve seen quite a few zucchini fritter recipes, but they have nothing on this one. With just 8 ingredients, including spices, this recipe is simple & low cost. I’ve made this recipe several times now including for events with several dozen people & they have been a huge hit w a wide-array of tastebuds!
09. FIVE YEAR OLD DRIFTER – Have ya’ll seen the viral video(s) of this adorable five year old girl that drifts? OMG she’s so cool! Seriously impressive skills 🙂
10. FOSTERS CUBED – I have great, new, & horrible news regarding our recent foster kittens. Great news – All four of our May foster kittens (Heidi, Lionel, Zara, & Malaya) were adopted! Yay! New news – We just started fostering two seven week old kittens a wk ago. They are both girls, named Lucy & Nadia. They’re in that play 24/7 period, & I’m exhausted, but it’s so much fun. Horrible news – We started fostering a new five week old single kitten a cpl of wks ago. We named him Nyle & he was as sweet as can be. After 5 days together, he suddenly began to decline & he ended up passing away. The emergency vet thinks it was FeLV. I know loss comes with the territory, but it never gets easier. Even though our time together was very short, it was significant & I will cherish it forever! I will end this post with my favorite photo of Nyle. RIP babyboy.