It seems a little weird that I already posted “My Top Highlights Of 2017” post a few days ago & now I’m doing my monthly wrap up for December, but hey whatever! December was a pretty great month. It’s one of the busiest months of the year, every year, but it’s also always one of my favorites. Let’s take a look at some of the specific moments, finds, & photos from December that I love/d …
01. S.A.F.E ANIMAL SHELTER GRAND RE-OPENING – I’ve mentioned numerous times that the animal shelter Lorenzo & I volunteer at & foster through sustained major floor damage from Hurricane Irma & had to close down for major repairs / renovation. Well on December 2nd, nearly three months post-Irma, S.A.F.E was FINALLY able to have their Grand Re-opening. This is so important as S.A.F.E is an amazing organization that saves thousands & thousands of dogs & cats each year! I am overjoyed & it feels great to be able to go walk dogs, socialize cats, & help out at the shelter again!
02. DAIYA FROZEN PIZZA – I tried Daiya’s Frozen Vegan Cheeze Lover’s Pizza about a year & a half ago & I was far from impressed. In fact, I kind of hated it. When I heard they recently changed the recipe using their new & improved vegan cheese, I decided to give it another go. I am sooooo glad that I did. It’s tasty! In fact I went back to the store & got more the very next day.
03. DEPRESSION STEMMING FROM ANXIETY – I came across this article, “How My Depression Actually Stems From Anxiety” on TheMighty.com & holy relatable hell! Change just three sentences in the article & I could’ve written it about my life. I figured I’d share since it gives such a great look into how depression can come from years of dealing with anxiety.
04. CALEIGH BIRD ART – Caleigh Bird is an amazingly talented portrait artist from Hawaii. She did the incredible portrait of me below & I cannot stop freaking out over how much I loveeee it! She’s accepting commissions, so definitely check out her out here.
05. LARA CRAFT CANDLES – Attention candle lovers & even non-candle lovers! You HAVEEE to check out Lara Craft Candles! She makes amazingly delicious smelling soy candles, vegan – of course! I am super picky with scents but her Harvest Apple soy candle is one of the best smells I have ever smelled in my life!
06. I MADE UP WITH MY MOM – My mom & I talked for the first time in fourteen months this month. It happened to be the day before her birthday, & I ended up celebrating her birthday with her. We’ve already seen each other four times since making up & each time has been lovely. This also means my step-dad, littlest sister, & little brother are back in my life again too, so that’s great!
07. OUR FORTH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARTY + CHILDREN’S TOY DRIVE – This year marked our Fourth Annual Christmas Party, aka one of my favorite days of the year. We also always host a Children’s Toy Drive for the Children’s Home Society Of Florida. We had great décor, delicious food, fun games, amazing company, & most importantly we were able to collect a great variety of things for the kids.
08. STUFFED MUSHROOMS – Every year we make a couple of new dishes for our Annual Christmas Party, but we also have a number that are [at this point] a tradition to have at our Christmas Parties. One of those “for sure” recipes are these delicious stuffed mushroom. They are vegan, gluten free, healthy, & packed with flavor. Every one loves them, even people who don’t usually care for mushrooms.
09. NETFLIX ORIGINAL MARVEL SERIES – This month Lorenzo & I started & finished season one of the Netflix Original Marvel series “Luke Cage” – a bulletproof badass who reluctantly finds himself playing the role of the “hero” cleaning up the streets of Harlem. And started (& are almost done with) season one of the Netflix original series “Iron Fist” – a billionaire heir who was thought to be dead returns as a Kung Fu Master with supernatural abilities & vows to rid his company & city of a malicious criminal organization. I promise both shows are a lot more entertaining than my descriptions of them read. Haha. Give them a watchkies!
10. NEW FUR-KID’O BFFL’S – All of my fur-kid’os get along great. However it’s just within the past cpl of weeks that my dog William & kitty Charlotte are the best of buds. They are now attached at the hip, cuddling on the couch constantly. If you follow my snapchat (TheKaragon) then you’ve seen me post like a zillion photos & videos of them being super adorable w one another. I haven’t saved any though, damnit, so here’s a photo of Milo, hahah…
Well that’s it for December & for 2017. I hope everyone had a great month full of love. Let me know what your favorite December moment was, or the coolest gift that you got for Christmas, or hell let me know both!