Okay whoa it seems like just yesterday that I was writing my March roundup. Now it’s already the end of April & time for another roundup of this months favorite moments, finds, & photos.
01. THE BOOK OF QUESTIONS – This book was on my wishlist for quite some time & I’m so happy that I finally purchased it. This books premise is quite simple, filled with over 300 questions on a variety of topics including totally plausible scenarios, highly unlikely scenarios, & even impossible scenarios that really get you to think & well, question. Since my Husband, Lorenzo & I travel a lot, including by car, we have decided to use this book as road trip entertainment. He drives & I read questions, in order. We each answer honestly & it’s pretty interesting to see that some of our answers are the exact same, while others are surprisingly different. We head to Tampa tomorrow evening & I’m excited to continue with more questions.
02. CINNAHOLIC – A wk ago it was announced that Cinnaholic will soon open three locations in Jacksonville. For those unfamiliar with the establishment, it’s an all-vegan restaurant serving up made-to-order cinnamon buns in a large variety of flavors. I’ve been to a Cinnaholic in another city & it’s deeeelicious. So I’m super excited & will definitely be giving them lots of business 🙂
03. NO BEAR HUNT – For the last two years there has been a Bear Hunt proposed in my state of Florida. The first year (2015), despite Animal Rights Activists (ARA’s) efforts, the hunt passed & hundreds of innocent bears were murdered, including lactating mother bears (thus leaving nursing cubs without a mom). It was absolutely devastating. The second year (2016), thanks in large part to ARA’s efforts (calls, petitions, protest, etc), we were able to STOP the Bear Hunt from happening. This year it was looking very likely that the hunt was going to be back on, we had a big meeting a few wks ago to discuss different strategies & actions that we could do. A wk later there was a meeting in Tallahassee where we got the surprising, but totally incredible news that there will not only be NO Bear Hunt in Florida this year (2017), but that there will be no hunt next year (2018) either. If it’s up to us (activists) there will never be another Florida Bear Hunt again! There is no overpopulation of bears in Florida, it’s absolutely unnecessary & cruel for these innocent creatures to be murdered! #ENDTROPHEYHUNTING #KILLINGISNOTCONSERVATION
04. FIRST DATES – NBC has a new dating show called “First Dates” . Each episode shows several pairs of daters on a blind dinner date. Before the date they are interviewed separately where they talk about who they are, what they’re looking for, etc. After the date they are interviewed together where they answer if they want to go on a second date with one another or not. And at the end of each episode there are updates from the show letting viewers know how the daters relationships are at this point in time. It’s a simple concept that’s done quite well. I honestly only watched it because I’m out of most of my regular shows, but when the first episode literally had me in tears because the spark, stories, love was so touching, well I was hooked. You should give it a watch.
05. PAINTING WALLS – Lorenzo & I recently decided that we want to paint our breakfast nook. Right now it’s just the plain off-white color that it started with. There’s also the section where a canvas painting session went bad & got black paint on the wall, so at minimum it’s needed a touch up. Well instead of painting it the original color that we don’t care for anyways, we’ve decided to go with something a little different. We are looking at the deep grey family & should have a color picked out soon. I’m excited 🙂
06. “THE REALITY THAT ALL WOMEN EXPERIENCE THAT MEN DON’T KNOW ABOUT” – I came across this article on Facebook several days ago & I think it’s a very important read for both men & women. Men should read this article to try & get a better understanding of what we (women) go through just about every day, sometimes every hr that we leave our house. Women should read this article to get inspired to talk to the good men in our lives more about what we deal with on the daily, but also to hopefully stand up more to the men that disrespect us. This bullshit shouldn’t be expected as a part of every day life & it doesn’t have to be. Change CAN occur but it will take BOTH men & women to make it happen!
07. IT’S A TEN MIRACLE LEAVE-IN PRODUCT – Okay so I know most people already know about this “holy grail” product, but just in case you don’t, I have to rave about it! This leave-in hair product is said to repair dry damaged hair, add shine, detangle, control frizz, seal & protect hair color, prevent split ends, stop hair breakage, create silkiness, & protect hair from thermal heat. I cannot attest that it does ALL of those things, but I DO know that I can brush my mile long hair post-shower in HALF of the time that it used to take without this product. Because of how well it detangles, I do have noticeably less breakage. My hair feels & looks shinier & healthier. While I started using this product last July, it was just this month that I had to buy another bottle. That’s how long the 10oz bottle lasts. They have some other products I’m interested in too. If any of ya’ll have tried any of their other products, please let me know your thoughts.
08. RESTORED MID-CENTURY MODERN HOME – If you’re missing Palm Spring now that Coachella is over, then take a look at this stunning Mid-Century Modern home in Palm Springs. The entire restoration is incredible, but it’s the kitchen & the bathroom that I can’t stop looking at. I’m ready to move in!
09. FOUR YEARS – Yesterday (April 27th) marked FOUR years since Lorenzo’s horrific motorcycle accident. For those that don’t know, he was in a very bad motorcycle accident in 2013. A car turned left in front of him, without the right away, & Zo hit the van with his body at 45mph. He had a blunt force trauma bi-lateral thoracotomy (a last ditch effort with less than a 1-2% chance of survival) to fix a whole slew of internal damage that he suffered. After 28 days in the ICU, a wk in progressive care, 10 days inpatient rehab, 3 months of outpatient rehab, & months more of further recovery, he is not only alive today, but he thrives as an incredible sexy, amazing, & emotionally, mentally, & physically strong human being. I am so amazed at his story, it truly is incredible. And I am so happy to have had another year of life with my precious love.
10. PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE – Tomorrow will mark the second time of making this Pineapple Fried Rice recipe. I first made it a few months ago for a family event & will be making it again tomorrow for an afternoon vegan potluck meetup (both times sans peanuts). It’s absolutely delicious. The perfect balance of sweet & spicy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I hope everyone has a great last few days of the month. Mine will be very busy, full of fun, but honestly I’m looking forward to a more “chill” month of May.