If today’s t-shirt looks familiar, it’s because I wore her sister a little while back here. I absolutely loved how comfortable & carefree the first tee was that I just had to get it in the green & gold color too. If this shirt came in any other colors, I would buy them all! I love stripes so much & I’m a huge fan of uncommon color combos.
So if you’ve noticed, I’ve been a little less active the last wk & a half. What was supposed to be a simple tooth extraction turned into quite the ordeal . I went in to get one tooth pulled under local anesthetic, but it didn’t work. I literally wouldn’t go numb. I could feel EVERYTHING & it was level 10 excruciating. So I had to schedule another appointment to be completely put under just a few days later. I did so & that sucker (the tooth) is out! However it wasn’t easy breezy from there. I ALWAYS handle the general anesthetic badly. Super vertigo, super dizzy, super nausea 24/7. I also have had major jaw pain where it hurts to eat, brush my teeth, even kiss my husband. LAME! Luckily I AM getting better by the hour & I think I’ll be 100% in the next few days. And I sure hope so because this coming weekend = Atlanta trip!
I’ve been figuring out my Atlanta agenda all day today & I am still trying to figure out how to squeeze in as many of the incredible sounding vegan restaurants as I can in the mere 2.5 days I will be there. I love food in general. In fact I made a facebook status just today that said, “I’m either eating or fantasizing about eating” & boy is that the truth! I feel like I’m thinking about food a lot more than usual lately since I was on a mush diet (mashed potatoes, apple sauce, smoothies) for a wk & then on soft foods (upgrade to french fries, bananas, etc) since then. As I was going through the different menus at various Atlanta-area restaurants, I saw “Crispy Brussels Sprouts” description – “Brussels sprouts fried in tempura batter, tossed in Mae Ploy sauce” & I thought “Damn. That sounds amazing & needs to be my first brussels sprouts experience for sure!” That’s right, I’ve never had brussels sprouts, but they’ve been on my list. I actually have a super funny brussels sprouts story, I’ll share one day. But yeah I have always been so picky & green foods in particular freak me out. I have, however been getting A LOT better at trying new things. So I got to thinking, what else do I want to try that I REALLY will follow through with on trying in the very near future. See the list I came up with below…
TEN FOODS I WANT TO TRY [for the first time in the near future]:
01. Brussels Sprouts (obviously, we just talked about this)
02. Bok Choy (IDK what this is, but every time it’s listed as an ingredient in my stirfry I say “Without the Bok Choy”, well I need to freaking try it!)
03. Soba Noodles (My Husband just tried some for the first time recently & loved them. Of course that means nothing to me, haha.)
04. Hot Tea (I love ice cold sweet tea, & hot tea sounds scary, but there are so many healthy ones, I need to give it a go. If you have any favs, please suggest in the comments!)
05. Fried Green Tomatoes (I just wanna try them, just because!)
06. Olives (I think I accidentally tried a black one on pizza when I was like 8, but obviously I hardly remember)
07. Sushi (I’ll try the least adventurous kind that exists)
08. Jackfruit (Just bought some, will be making BBQ jackfruit burritos as soon as we get back in town!)
09. Lasagna (I’ve always been a spaghetti, pizza, & ravioli girl, lasagna just never really came up)
10. Eggplant (as a vegan, I can likely try eggplant lasagna & cross two off of my list at once)
Okay so I know my list might not sound all that exciting to “normal” people. But hey, you’re reading a blog by a girl who’s never even tried a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, so there! And PS. I am not adding PB&J to my list. I HAVE had peanut butter on bread, & jelly on bread, separately. I feel confident that I personally would not fancy the two together… Are there any foods that you’re yet to try, but would really like to in the near future?