September was a very reclusive month for me. Between hurricane Irma hitting my city, having an emotional effect on me, my RA & other health issues flaring, etc, I really didn’t feel like going out & about. I spent a lot of the month at home, which can get frustrating, but was made easier thanks to my beautiful fur-kid’os, kitten fosters, & amazing husband. I do have some highlights from the month & I will share them below…
01. ONE OF MY BFFL’S IS PREGNANT – She hasn’t told everyone yet, BUT since I have six best friends & I’m not saying any hints on which one I’m talking about, I can still post this. Ha! I’m so thrilled for her & I can’t wait to meet my “niece” or “nephew” next Spring 🙂
02. BLACK APRON SOAP – I received three bar soaps by Black Apron Soap (lucid dreamer [lavender & chamomile], activated charcoal turmeric, & lemonbalm turmeric). They all smell amazing. Lemonbalm is my fav, it smells like a lemon head candy & I want to eat it! All of her soaps not only smell amazing but are beautiful, non-drying, & of course, vegan!
03. LAST DENTIST APPOINTMENT EVER – Okay so not literally “ever”, but I had seven, yes SEVEN dentist appts in the past few months to fix the damage smoking for over twelve years did to my gums. It was an extremely stressful & painful process so I am ecstatic that it’s finally over. If you’re a smoker, I urge you to stop! Check out why/how I quit, my trials & tribulations, & how I feel as a smoke-free human here.
04. ONE YEAR WITH OLIVER – On the 22nd we celebrated one year with our sweet Oliver becoming a member of our family! He was a feral I rescued from our roof that has since become my best little buddy. I love him to pieces. Look how freaking cute he is below…
05. ANIMAL QOUTE I LOVE – I came across this quote on Facebook & I love it; “Animals are individuals who have a value independent of their usefulness to others”. A-FUCKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
06. OREO CHEESECAKE – My girl hosted a vegan potluck & I made a few things for it including this delicious Oreo Cheesecake. It’s vegan, duh! And taste super yummy. It was a big hit & I will definitely make it again!
07. “WILL & GRACE” RETURNS – Did you know that “Will & Grace” returned for an all-new season on Sept 28th? Original cast & everything. So exciting! I used to watch “Will & Grace” back in the day & I, of course, think it’s hilarious. I’m thrilled it’s back on with the same humor we [W&G fans] love.
08. FIRST GYNO APPT EVER – Okay so this might seem a little TMI, but I don’t care… I went to the Gynecologist for the first time ever. I put it off for sixteen years. I hate going to any doctor, but ever since I got health insurance two years ago, I’ve been one by one going to the bazillions of different doctors I need to go to. I’m an anxiety-ridden paranoid freak so I’m just reallllllly proud of myself for going because I debated cancelling even as I was in the drs office.
09. S.A.F.E ANIMAL SHELTER NEWS – I mentioned in my post about hurricane Irma that the local animal shelter (S.A.F.E) Lorenzo & I volunteer at & foster through got completely flooded. All animals were saved, & fostered out, but they lost everything else. I volunteered for their auction event in the middle of Sept & over $60K was raised! Whoo! Then last wkend, I worked an adoption event. Eleven animals were adopted including two of our four current fosters. Yayay!
10. LIFE PLANS – Lorenzo & I are always coming up with new ideas & things we want to do with our lives. Well this month we came up with a more definitive timeline of a couple of things & we’re really excited about it. Yes that all sounds very vague & yes I’m going to keep it that way for some time. Just be like “yay” (we are) for us without knowing what exactly I’m talking about, haha.
That’s it for September. I cannot believe it’s already October! I’m not as much of a fan of fall as it seems like every one else on the planet is. Only for the fact that I very much prefer warmer weather to cooler weather. I am, however excited to bust out my boots soon & eat a fuckload of pumpkin desserts! I hope everyone has a great season 🙂