As I sit down right now to type November’s wrap up, I’m experiencing the perfect way to describe November weather in Florida. I was absolutely freezing five minutes ago. Now that I have the heat on & a fleece blanket over my lap, I feel like I’m about to die of a heatstroke. Anywho, aside from never knowing what weather to dress for, & the time change, which I despise, November was a really great month. Allow me to share some highlights with you…
01. CACTUS REVIVE – I started this month with a new face wash – Pacifica’s Cactus Revive Milk To Foam Face Wash. I love the brand as they are 100% vegan & super affordable. The smell of this particular product is great, yummy but not too strong. It seems to work really well at getting my face clean & it doesn’t leave a sticky feeling, yay.
02. FAMILY REUNION – Every November, my aunt hosts our annual family reunion. This year it fell on Veterans Day, so we had an “All-American” theme. Lorenzo & I made a few vegan dishes, which were delicious, of course. We enjoyed catching up with family we don’t see very often. We also played cornhole, & I beat my cousin at our annual hula-hooping competition (she’s 10).
03. LOCAL STORE OPENINGS – Another Trader Joes opened up in my city this month & it’s about 20 minutes closer to me than the other location, yay! We also got an Ikea in town this month, yay! I haven’t visited either yet because I’ve made the mistake of going to stores shortly after their opening (like the first Trader Joes we got years ago) & holy claustrophobic moly, never again! I will be hitting them up soon.
04. BETTER LIVING THROW BLANKET – I have an obsession with blankets. I literally collect them. I have never counted them & don’t plan to, haha. But one of my newer blankets is this Classically Chic Throw Blanket. It’s sooo comfy. It comes in six colors (I have lavender) & it’s multi-purpose. Really! As I’m typing this from my couch, it’s serving three purposes; one – warming my legs, two – a pillow for my dog, William’s head & three – as a cushion for my foster kitten, Nokio.
05. ONE AND A HALF YEARS SMOKE FREE – On November 15th, I celebrated one & a half years smoke free! After smoking a pack a day for twelve years, I still cannot believe that I FINALLY quit for good. So when I hit huge milestones, it’s really freaking exciting!! See why/how I quit & more here.
06. CHEESEBURGER THEIF – Do yourself a favor & watch this hilarious youtube video of a cat stealing his father’s cheeseburger. It’s only fifty seconds long, but set aside ten mins to watch it over & over again. Haha.
07. VEGAN THANKSGIVING – This was mine & Lorenzo’s fourth Thanksgiving as vegans & our third Thanksgiving that we hosted at our home. We had a couple of friends & Lorenzo’s parents over for an amazing meal. We had all of the goods; roast, mashed potatoes, white bean gravy, croissants, cranberry sauce, mac-n-cheese, orange cooked carrots, roasted Brussels sprouts, apple pie, cherry chocolate mousse pie, & pumpkin bread. ALL 100% VEGAN, duh!! It was so yummy, & we had a great time playing games, laughing, & making memories.
08. PUMPKIN BREAD – I always like to share my favorite recipe of the month in my monthly wrap-ups. This month it’s gotta be this Pumpkin Bread. I made it a few times before & therefore I knew to expect greatness. In fact this time I decided to make one loaf for Thanksgiving to share with family & friends, as well as an extra loaf for me & Lorenzo to enjoy throughout the following wk. I’m sad to say I only have one piece left. I’m tempted to make it again & to continue doing that constantly so that I literally have pumpkin bread every single day for the rest of my life. That’s seriously how good this recipe is!
09. “CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM” – Zo & I watched a small bit of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” many years ago, but we started watching it from season one episode one this time & OMG we loveee it. It’s freaking hilarious. Predictable but hilarious! We’re already almost done with season three. If you haven’t seen the show, you’ve gotta check it out! It’s about the co-creator of “Seinfeld”, Larry David. “George” from “Seinfeld” is modeled after Larry David, so you’ll definitely see the similarities in this day-to-day life comedy.
10. SADIE’S 10TH BIRTHDAY – The absolute top highlight of this month was defintely Sadie’s tenth Birthday! Sadie is our first-born beagle girl. My daughter, my BFFL, my heart, my joy, the light of my life! We made the entire wk about her with specialized treats, extra long walks, new toys, car-rides, park time, trail time, etc. I know she had the time of her life & she will continue to be spoiled like the princess she is. If you missed it, check out my post covering the most beautiful past ten years together.
Well that’s it for November my doves. I am excited for December & all of the Christmas related fun, though holy crap, I need more time!!!!! I hope every one had a great November. Let’s finish out this year enjoying the little things, making life-long memories, doing what we can for others, & continuing to better ourselves! I’ll leave you with this…