Hey friends! Sorry I’ve been MIA the past few wks. My computer decided to break & my husband & I had to decide whether to get it fixed or get a new one. We decided on a new one & it just arrived today, Jan 31st, aka just in time for me to write & post my monthly wrap up. Let’s get to it…
01. LIVING ROOM DANCE PARTY – One of my resolutions was/is to be more active & one of the ways I’ve done so is by having living room dance parties with my husband. We put a thirty min playlist on & then we boogie. It usually starts with just kind of walking around, then there’s a little jumping around here, a little bumpin & grindin’ there, w a little bit of square dancing & who knows what else in the middle. It’s definitely not pretty, but it’s fun!
02. UnREAL CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS – Do you like peanut butter cups? If you do, screw Reece’s, you NEED to try UnReal brand’s Peanut Butter Cups. They are freaking amazing. Like literally THE best thing (after the potato) that I’ve ever had in my mouth. Words cannot describe the amount of yum. I’ve had their Dark Chocolate PB Cups which are the smoothest tastiest pb cups in all of the land, their Dark Chocolate Crispy Pb Cups which are basically a pb cup meets a crunch bar, & their Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups which are a unique twist. All three are heaven & I’m telling you that you’ve GOT to try them!
03. EDUCA PUZZLE – Okay so I’m not sure if it’s “right” for me to include this puzzle in my Jan wrap up because it’s far from complete. But since Zo & I purchased this puzzle in Jan, I’m including it anyways. This gorgeous London Ariel View Puzzle by Educa is the first big (fifteen hundred piece) puzzle that Zo & I have ever done, or I guess I should say started on. I cannot believe how long it took us just to get the outline done, but it’s a neat little way to spend our time.
04. NO CIRCUS MEANS NO PROTESTS – Usually my January includes four-nine circus protests, but NOT this year. As most of ya’ll probably know, Ringling Barnum & Bailey no longer exists – thank goodness! And the smaller animal exploiting & abusing circus that usually comes to town skipped all of Florida & Georgia because of protests / low sells this year, so there were no circus protest to be had this January. Yay!
05. B12 – I started taking a new B12 supplement this month. The supplement I picked is Nature’s Bounty Sublingual Liquid B-12 5000mcg . I chose this particular supplement because it’s a sublingual liquid & it tastes pretty dang good (berry flavored, almost no medicine/vitamin like after-taste). B12 deficiency is common not only in vegans, but in vegetarians & meat eaters alike. My bloodwork has never shown a deficiency, however it may be helpful for me to get more. I’m about two & a half weeks in & I haven’t noticed a difference yet, but I hope to soon notice more energy & better circulation.
06. FUN GET TOGETHERS – Considering I barely left the house this month (damn you anxiety), I went to my fair share of shin-digs. First was couples game night that my Momma hosted. Lorenzo & I kicked ass at the newlywed game. I mean we absolutely annihilated the rest of the competition, haha. The very next day was one of my BFFL, Tracy’s Baby Shower. It was beautiful & I cannot wait to meet my niece Brookelyn next month! And this past weekend our friends Chris & Elizabeth hosted a breakfast for dinner / bon-fire evening & it was great! Anytime there’s vegan hashbrowns, cinnamon rolls, etc included in dinner, uhm yeah I’m down!
07. GILLIGAN & O’MALLEY PJ PANTS – When it comes to the attire that I sleep in, I like cute, but I’m all about comfort. With these Gilligan & O’Malley PJ Pajama Pants you get comfort while looking cute! I usually hate elastic around my ankles because it feels constricting & really bothers me when trying to sleep. These pj pants, however are tight enough around the ankle for the pants to not move up to your knees while tossing & turning, but loose enough that they don’t feel obnoxious. I love them so much that I’ll be ordering them in black as soon as I’m done publishing this post!
08. ELEVEN YEAR FIRST DATE ANNIVERSARY – The 27th of this month marked ELEVEN years since Lorenzo & I had our very first date. We both had no idea that first date would lead to so many years of love & marriage, hell I didn’t even know it was a date at all at first, haha, but thank goodness that’s how it worked out! It’s crazy to think of what kids we were back then (just seventeen & nineteen years old). Now we’re older, fatter, & happier than ever, haha.
09. “TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY” – In my post “My Plans, Goals, & Resolutions For 2018” , I mentioned that this is the year Lorenzo & I plan to make a baby. I’m a super planner & I like to do things the right way, as in the healthy, responsible, & as educated as possible way, so I’ve been reading a bazillion & one articles, studies, books, etc. I loveeeee this book “Taking Charge Of Your Fertility“. It’s a book on really getting to know your body & how it works throughout your entire cycle. Some of it is common sense, but some of it is surprisingly not. It’s written in a fun, personable way that educates without getting boring. Whether you’re trying to conceive, planning to start trying to conceive soon (like me), or with no plans to conceive any time soon, or even ever, this book is great for all females!
10. DAVID G McAFEE ARTICLE – Plans to make a baby soon definitely came as a huge shock to all of my family & friends, Lorenzo’s too. Why? Oh because for many years we planned to NEVER have kids. We were child-free & proud to be. We had basically no plans to ever have a human child (though we occasionally spoke of adoption), & everyone knew that. Well shit changes & I’ll definitely do a longer blog post on it in the future. For now, I’d like to share an article written by David G McAfee. He & his wife also planned to remain child-free & recently changed their minds. His article is pretty dead on to how Lorenzo & I feel, even including the fact that we do still want to adopt in the future, but minus the whole polygamy thing, like no thanks. Give it a read here.
Well that’s all for January 2018. It wasn’t the best month ever, unfortunately my anxiety that I hoped to leave in 2017 is still around & super active, BUT I will say some neat things are in the works & my husband & I are in the most freaking love ever, so it was a month full of smiles & joy! I hope everyone had a great first month of the year & that February is even better!